Please note that there is no charge for evaluation of templates and photos if you are trying a saddle from us.
SADDLE FITTING / FLOCKING WORK
- Evaluation of template and photos with recommendation of saddles to try: $75
- Evaluation of template and photos with recommendations of saddles to try with specific saddles searched out from external sources: $125
- Hands-on fitting evaluation (includes template, photos and recommendations / sourcing of saddles): $150 per horse (includes travel).
- NOTE: the fees for the first three services also includes fitting evaluations (via photos) of any saddles you try.
- Evaluation of fit of existing saddle: Local $35 Long-distance (through photos): $25 (Note: this is a great way to do a “pre-purchase” fitting evaluation of a saddle you’re thinking of buying.)
- Flocking adjustment (long distance or local): $60 – $100
- Evaluate saddle and fit to horse (local only): Static fit: $80-$130 Active fit: $125-$175
- Strip flock (old wool out, new wool in): $275 base price. Please note that this is a base price. If your saddle is dirty and in need of conditioning, there will be a $50 cleaning and conditioning charge – no exceptions! If repairs are needed or other complications arise, you will be contacted and the work will be ok’d before it is done.
- Strip flock and custom fit to horse (local only): $275-$375 (see note above).
- Foam to wool (if panels allow) or Flair to wool conversion: $375
- Foam to wool / Flair to wool conversion, custom fit to horse (local and active fit only): $425
- Replace billets: $25 each. Add $40 if I need to drop the panels at the front to access the webbing; add $65 if I need to drop the panels entirely.
- Replace point billet: $50 each.
- Add point billet or switch point billet to center hung: $150
- Install sliding rear billet: $150
- Retrofit saddle to point front and swing rear billet: $275
- Re-sew billets: $15 each.
- Drop panels to check tree for damage: $100 (No charge for this service if the tree is broken and I don’t have lace the panels back in.)
- Re-stitch panel points to sweat flap: $25 per side. Add $50 if knee blocks need to be removed and replaced to access stitching.
- Repair quilting stitches: $25 per side.
- Lace in pommel or cantle: $40
- Lace in both: $80
- Add/replace dees at cantle: $65 one side, $85 both sides
- Replace saddle nail or falldown staple (breastplate dee): $65
- Re-stitch stirrup leather keeper: $10 each
- Replace stirrup leather keeper: $20 each
- Patch seat: $50 – $125, depending on size of patch and location.
- Deep clean/condition (saddle “detailing”): $60
Estimates on other repairs available on an individual basis.
One-day Saddle Fitting Clinics: Local (within 125 mile radius): $450, which includes travel. Discounts are available for 4H, Pony Club and therapeutic riding (and other 501(c)(3)) programs/organizations.
FOR FLOCKING AND FITTING VISITS, I CAN ACCOMMODATE UP TO 10 PEOPLE PER VISIT, MAXIMUM OF 2 SADDLES PER CLIENT. IF I AM BRINGING SADDLES FOR PEOPLE TO TRY, THE MAXIMUM IS 8 PEOPLE, MINIMUM OF 4 PEOPLE.
Travel/barn call flocking visits: Under 50 miles: $250. 50-125 miles: $350. This charge is split evenly between all participants and does not include fitting/flocking work.
Travel/barn call for bringing saddles: $75 per person. This includes a full written fitting evaluation, template, photos and saddle recommendations as well as trial saddles to ride in.
For info on the two-day fitting clinics, please visit http://pantherrunsaddlery.com/two-day-saddle-fitting-clinics/. Any questions may be sent to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.