Would you like to sell your used saddle, but aren’t sure of the best way to do it? Send it to Panther Run. I’m accepting selected used saddles for consignment, and I take the hassle out of the process. I deal with advertising, promotion, shipping and all the rest. Here’s how it works:
- Send an e-mail to Panther Run Saddlery at firstname.lastname@example.org with details about you saddle (make, model, seat size, tree width, age and condition). Please do not send your saddle until you have contacted me and we have discussed the matter.
- After we’ve discussed selling your saddle, please box it up (please, NO packing peanuts – bubble wrap, foam or paper offer much better cushion and don’t make a mess in the shop!), tuck in a completed consignment form (http://pantherrunsaddlery.com/consignment-form-and-agreement/), and ship it to Panther Run Saddlery, 507 Wuerslin Rd., Sandgate, VT 05250. (Remember, NO packing peanuts, please!) Kindly make sure your saddle is clean. If it arrives in need of cleaning and/or conditioning, there will be a $50 charge for this – NO exceptions! (And did I mention NO packing peanuts?)
- Please plan on leaving the saddle here for at least 120 days. Saddles will be shipped all over the continental US, and with the one-week trial policy, saddles are sometimes out for almost a month.
- During the time your saddle is here, please do not advertise it on external web-based sites like eBay, Craigslist, TackTrader or Equine.com. If you wish to try selling your saddle through one (or more) of those sites, please do, but kindly don’t send it to me while your ads are active.
- I may receive offers other than the listed price for your saddle. If I do, I will contact you for an answer before accepting or rejecting the offer.
- When you saddle sells, I will deduct a 25% commission, and will issue payment to you within three weeks of the sale date.